We have created a course that prepares students for Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) membership and certification. This 1040-hour course will take students from an Open Water Diver to a PADI Certified Scuba Instructor, as well as a PADI Specialty Instructor, Handicapped Scuba Association Instructor, and Emergency First Responder Instructor. This program is designed for anyone who loves the water and has a desire to share their love of water and SCUBA diving Open Water Scuba Instructor. Program Cost: $21,594.30. Additional fees for PADI application, membership and certification will be required. These fees are the responsibility of the student and will be paid directly to PADI or the certifying agency. For VA funding, payments, and enrollment questions call MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development at TCI: (760)795-6820.
In addition to skills training students will receive:
- Learn the best way to teach others to dive
- Maintain a safe diving environment for everyone
- Learn about dive equipment maintenance safety
- Identify and perform some on-the-spot repairs
- Practice gas mixture analysis
- CPR and First Aid
- Rescue and First Responder
- Local Dive Shops
- Diver Resorts
- Underwater Photography (with further training)
- Underwater Videography (with further training)
- Underwater Welding (with further training)
- Captain of a Dive Boat (with further training)
- Commercial Diver (with further training)
- Stuntman (with further training)
- Disney Divers (with further training)
- Underwater Research and Rescue (with further training)
- Research and Recovery (with further training)
In addition to the normal student prerequisites, students must be able to swim 400 yards in 12 minutes or less and meet with MiraCosta College program staff for an interview. In addition, students must complete a PADI medical statement and have it signed by a physician before being approved beginning their dive training. For those who have no dive experience, we strongly recommend that prospective students take Discover Scuba Diving before enrolling in this program. This two-hour class costs $25 out-of-pocket. Call (951) 634-9269 for information.
- Contact TCI at 760.795.6820 to complete checklist
- Click here to complete an application:
This course is not open for online enrollment. Please contact 760.795.6820.
- Agreement to follow all MiraCosta and COVID protocols.
- Complete Interview Process
- Agreement to follow all MiraCosta and CDC COVID protocols.
- Complete Application, click here, Work Skills Application.
- Complete an PADI Medical Form.
- Complete an Interview
- Contact Carisa Chavez, email@example.com, for more information.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Professional Scuba Diving Instructor - PADI Certified Certification : Required Course