San Diego is well known as the craft beer brewing capital of the United States with over 150 active brewhouses and more scheduled to open soon. MiraCosta’s 280-hour BrewTech Program is designed to train students to become productive brewers while gaining confidence in the brewhouse, cellar or packaging line. As one of the premiere craft beer programs in the San Diego area with an on-site brewery, this class will focus on ‘grain-to-glass’ hands-on experience. The curriculum, including recipe development, wort production, cellar practices and packaging, is designed to train students to become a turnkey brewery technician. Classroom material covers the chemistry and biology of beer production and will introduce students to brewery equipment. Industry tours around San Diego will expose students to multiple brewing applications that will serve to enhance their knowledge of craft beer production. Students will also gain workplace skills training that will further add to their employability. Gi Bill®, Sallie Mae and WIOA funding available.
In addition to skills training students will receive:
- OSHA and LEAN certification
- Industry tours and guest speakers
- Employment readiness bootcamp
- Multiple brew
- MBAA Recognized
- 80 hour internship
- Over 90% employment rate from MiraCosta College, Technology Career Institute
- Over 90% graduation rate from MiraCosta College, Technology Career Institute
- TCI saw a 50% increase in hires during the pandemic
- Manufacturing in North County has grown steadily the last 5 years and employment is projected to continue and increase the next 5 years.
Students who enjoy hands on learning and are looking to start a career path quickly excel in our programs. Zero experience is necessary to be successful, but if you do have a degree and/or looking for something to supplement your education this is the place for you!
- Click here to sign up for a free information, testing, and interview session: FREE Information Sessions
- Click here to complete an application: Work Skills Application
Whether you want to be in a clean room or on a manufacturing floor you can find a career path after graduating from our Engineering Technician program:
- Quality Assurance
This course is not open for online enrollment. Students are invited to attend a free information session, click here to signup, FREE Information Sessions.
GI Bill®, Sallie Mae and WIOA funding available.
“I absolutely loved the program. I think it definitely suited me to be able to confidently walk in a brewhouse at a beginning level.” Student from Cohort 4
“This course exceeded my expectations in nearly every way. This is a really amazing program, with great resources, and even greater instructors. I would not hesitate to recommend to others.” Student from Cohort 4
“I’d take this course again! I loved it so much, I learned an amazing amount of things. I wish it was a longer course!” Student from Cohort 4
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Craft Brewing Technician (BrewTech) Certificate : Required Course