Whether you want to work in fields such as electronics, aerospace, or biotechnology, this program can provide with you the necessary training! Engineering technology integrates theory and application in mechanical, electrical and electronic systems, fluid power, automation, robotics, and computer software. Our 600-hour program is 75% hands-on and puts you in front of industry trains students in the areas that companies have requested.
In addition to skills training students will receive:
- OSHA and LEAN certification
- Industry tours and guest speakers
- Employment readiness bootcamp
- Multiple projects and industry collaboration
- San Diego EDC preferred provider opportunities
- Over 90% employment rate from MiraCosta College, Technology Career Institute
- Over 90% graduation rate from MiraCosta College, Technology Career Institute
- Average starting wage $20 (F/T w/Benefits)
- Job growth in San Diego has grown 15% the last 5 years.
- North County San Diego saw a 1% increase in jobs in 2020 (in the midst of a pandemic).
- Manufacturing in North County has grown steadily the last 5 years and employment is projected to continue and increase the next 5 years.
Students who enjoy hands on learning and are looking to start a career path quickly excel in our programs. Zero experience is necessary to be successful, but if you do have a degree and/or looking for something to supplement your education this is the place for you!
- Click here to sign up for a free information, testing, and interview session: FREE Information Sessions.
- Complete an application
Whether you want to be in a clean room or on a manufacturing floor you can find a career path after graduating from our Engineering Technician program:
- Electrical/Electronic Systems
This course is not open for online enrollment. Students are invited to attend a free information session, click here to signup, FREE Information Sessions,
- Agreement to follow all MiraCosta and COVID protocols.
- Attend a FREE Information Session, click here to signup, FREE Information Sessions.
- Complete an Assessment
- Complete an Interview
“This class dramatically increased my confidence in my ability to create. It made me realize that technical fields still require a great deal of creativity, and it's a type of creativity that I never realized I possessed before. I would like to thank everybody involved with this program. It reintroduced me to education in a way that was actually fun and stimulating, and it has inspired me to continue my education either in the form of more certificates or even potentially pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on automation and control systems.” Student from Cohort 17
“You guys are super stars. A lot of sacrifice to teach others. I hope TCI can expand to other campuses and become as accessible in future cohorts as it was in this one.” Student from Cohort 17