MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development, in partnership with PhlebotomyU, is proud to offer this excellent opportunity for those seeking to enter the medical field as a CPT1 phlebotomy technician. Students are required to complete:
• A minimum of 20-hours in basic phlebotomy
• A minimum of 20-hours in advanced phlebotomy
• A minimum of 40-hours in a laboratory course in applied phlebotomy
• 40–120 hours of clinical externship in a healthcare setting
• Career readiness class on 5/15 Students who pass the course will also be eligible to take the certification examination offered by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) in class at the conclusion of the course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued a state-approved training certificate.
A $100 California CPT 1 License Application fee, BLS Certification and all immunization are not included in the tuition fee and must be paid by the student. High school diploma or GED required.
Externship: Clinical externships will be provided and supervised by our phlebotomy program staff.
GI Bill®, Sallie Mae and WIOA funding available.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Phlebotomy Technician Program : Phlebotomy Certificate Program