The purpose of this 64-hour course is to provide the necessary training for students to become an electronic assembler at an advanced manufacturing company.
Students will learn:
• Soldering through-hole and surface mount single lead/multi-lead components
• Soldering multi-pin IC chips
• Measuring and cutting wire
• Trimming insulation, crimping, connectorizing, molding and insulating connector ends
• Wrapping, bundling, shielding, insulating and security cable harnesses
• Mounting modules, components, connectors, cables, and harnesses into chassis
Students will work towards IPC-J-STD-001 certification. In addition, students will learn the role of production in the manufacturing system and how certain skill sets such as reading and analyzing acceptance criteria, testing, documentation, and soldering are integral to the job.
Complete Application, click here, Work Skills Application.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Electronics Certificate : Electronics Certificate