40024 - Drone Pilot & Technician Program
San Diego is a center for innovation and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) are becoming the technology of choice for overwater, aerospace, retail delivery and agriculture industries. Our 335-hour program will employ hands-on training using state of-the-art technology. Upon course completion, students will be ready to take the FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Drone Knowledge Test—the required exam needed to pass to get a Remote Pilot Certificate. Job placement assistance and PAID internships currently available to all students of the course.
• Safety & Risk Mitigation
• System Integration
• Drone System Overview
• Drone Software
• Emergence of Drones and the Future
• Hardware Components
• Communications - Radio/LTE/Satellite
• Introduction to Drones
• FAA certificate requirements and emerging regulations
• FAA exam prep
• Career Readiness
• OSHA-10 Certificate
• Lean Training
• Industry Networking & Guest Speakers
NotesThe cost of this program has been cut in half by support from State funds! Ask about additional scholarship or available student aid to assist with remainder of tuition costs. GI Bill®, Sallie Mae and WIOA funding available.
- Agreement to follow all MiraCosta and CDC COVID protocols.
- Complete application by clicking here --> Work Skills Application.
- Upon approval of the Work Skills Application, students will receive an email outlining the next steps: which will include a discussion about your career goals.
- After prerequisites are completed, students will be notified by email of their acceptance into the program.
“I sincerely appreciate the vote of confidence you all gave me by accepting me into this program. Without your generosity, there is no way I could have done this. I am thrilled at the challenges that were the fruit of this course. I will always remember the challenges and mistakes. They allowed me to actually love learning again and grow. Cohort 5 has opened up a new family for me. I shall always be grateful.” Student from Cohort 5
“You are a valuable institution to this community and that you are thoughtful about those industries that are most current and will lead into the future. Keep doing what you do and continue to grow good leaders and neighbors.” Student from Cohort 5
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Drone Pilot & Technician Certificate : Unmanned Systems Certificate