40025 - Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) Certificate Program
BMETs play a vital role in patient care through the inspection, maintenance and repair of measuring, recording and monitoring devices. MiraCosta’s Biomedical Equipment Technology Program Certificate will train students to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronics-based biomedical instruments and equipment. The program is being developed as a result of increasing demand for biomedical equipment technicians (BMETs) in the San Diego County region. Job placement assistance and PAID internships currently available to all students. Courses will build on lecture topics through extensive hands-on application in the areas of:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of electronics
- Fundamentals of mechanics
- Introduction to computers, networks and cybersecurity
- Survey of instruments used in healthcare
- Advanced maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Career Readiness
Refunds will be made up to five working days prior to your class start date. A $75 cancellation fee will be retained for each refund. There are no refunds given once the class has begun, unless special permission has been granted by the program supervisor.
- Agreement to follow all MiraCosta and CDC COVID protocols.
- Complete application by clicking here --> Work Skills Application.
- Upon approval of the Work Skills Application, students will receive an email outlining the next steps: which will include a discussion about your career goals.
- After prerequisites are completed, students will be notified by email of their acceptance into the program.
Testimonials"The academic content and length of this program is reasonable due to the extremely varied background experiences of each BMET student. Some students have zero experience in some/several of the subjects taught here, while others like myself have not been in school for years. The way this course was set up did a wonderful job of dusting off academic cobwebs and getting us reasonably up-to-speed, on the same page, and provided a foundation for our own continuing educational endeavors moving forward."
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Course Series
- Biomedical Equipment Technician Certification (BMET) : Required Course