According to BurningGlass Labor Insights, Medical Front Office Assistant jobs are projected to grow 22.5% over the next 10 years. While there will be high demand for qualified candidates, having the advantage of dual certifications will increase your job options.
Through our Medical Front Office Assistant and Administrative Specialist program, you’ll gain both medical receptionist training and billing and coding skills in only 21 weeks. Our program consists of five courses to build a thorough education and set you up for success – Professionalism in Allied Health, Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology, Medical Office Procedures and Administration, Microsoft Office Basics, and Billing, Insurance and Coding.
When your program is complete, we cover your registration costs to sit for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA), sponsored by the NHA (National Healthcareer Association), and the Medical Coder & Biller Certification (MCBC), sponsored by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA). Some of the career options you’ll find with these certifications include patient services representative/care coordinator, medical office administration/assistant/specialist, medical secretary, medical receptionist, and medical billing specialist.
Professionalism in Allied Health
Medical Office Procedures and Administration
Microsoft Office Basics
Introduction to Human Anatomy and Medical Terminology
Insurance and Billing, and Coding Essentials
- Demonstrate an understanding of the soft skill expectations of an allied healthcare professional
- Comply with HIPAA/HITECH, OSHA, CMS and other healthcare regulations and laws
- Appropriately schedule patient services, understand insurance coverage and perform other medical front office procedures
- Differentiate between CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS codes and know how to file a claim
- Comprehend payment adjudication, various claim statuses,and the resubmission process
- Expert-led video based training
- eBook: Kinn's Medical Administrative Assistant
- eBook: Medical Insurance, A Revenue Cycle Process Approach
- Competency assessments
- National Certification exam fee
- High School Diploma or GED
- Web browser with internet connection