This 385-hour intensive job training program offers individuals with high functioning autism training to succeed as an entry-level CNC Machinist. Large and small companies In San Diego have the need for skilled, trained CNC machinists to fabricate a wide variety of components in the region's industrial manufacturing companies serving the aerospace and defense, automotive and biomedical industries to name a few.
The program teaches participants important skills in manual and CNC machining including self- Inspection, documentation and record keeping in the manufacturing environment. Participants will learn to read and interpret blueprints and product drawings, including the use of tolerances in measurement. Additionally, participants will learn applied mathematics operations to set up and verify machining operations. Participants will learn how to work safely in and industrial environment, specifically the safe and accurate set-up and operation of CNC machines while ensuring product flow and product quality. Students will receive:
• OSHA-10 certification
• LEAN training
• Industry tours
• Guest speakers
• Multiple projects
• Career Readiness Bootcamp
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High Functioning, (low-support needs) autism
- Show competence in organizational skills that reflect the ability to function independently in social and academic settings
- Exhibit competence in reading, basic math and computer comprehension, specifically show the ability to identify main idea, make inferences and integrate disparate ideas
- Demonstrate improved social competency including skills in self-advocacy, independent, independent living and social collaboration
- Demonstrate improved skills in the appropriate use of language in a social content by applying a variety of communication skills
- High School or GED diploma, and be prepared for a variety of post-secondary and career opportunities. Successfully demonstrate basic algebra and English skills
- Ability to work 5 days a week, eight hours a day, 40 hours per week
- Comfortable working with machinery in an industrial environment
- A good attitude
- Attend a FREE Information Session, click here to signup, FREE Information Sessions.
- Complete application by clicking here --> Work Skills Application.
- Complete an Assessment
- Complete an Interview
- After prerequisites are completed, students will be notified by email of their acceptance into the program.
Application must be completed and reviewed by MiraCosta College Technology Career Institute staff prior to acceptance into the program. If you need assistance with the application, please CALL (760)757-2121 ext. 6528.